Dr. Lisa Damour is a psychologist, best-selling author, monthly New York Times columnist, and regular contributor to CBS News.
She blends years of experience with the latest research developments to provide sound, practical guidance to children and adolescents as well as their parents, teachers, and advocates.
Lisa's instant New York Times best seller is a sane, informed, and engaging guide for parents of teenage girls.
"An essential guide to understanding and supporting girls throughout their development. It's obvious that Dr. Damour ‘gets’ girls and the best way for any adult to help them navigate the common yet difficult challenges so many girls face."-Rosalind Wiseman, New York Times best-selling author of Queen Bees & Wannabes
"There are books about teenagers that are smart. And there are books about teenagers that are practical. Lisa Damour thankfully provides us with one that is both. If you have a daughter (or were a daughter!) Untangled is mandatory reading."-Madeline Levine, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling author of The Price of Privilege
"Untangled is a page-turner. From the moment I read the last page I’ve been recommending it to my clients (including those with sons!) and colleagues, and using it as a refreshing guide in my own work with teenagers and their parents. Untangled is a gem."-Wendy Mogel, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling author of The Blessing of a Skinned Knee
"An arsenal of strategies to respond to your daughter's ever changing brain, feelings and choices, Untangled will become your dog-eared travel guide to the mysterious world of teenage girls."-Rachel Simmons, New York Times best-selling author of Odd Girl Out
"Lisa Damour's Untangled is the best description of the female adolescent journey that I have ever read. Empathic and wise, every page is filled with a deep understanding of girls and their parents. For years people have been asking me for the ‘girl equivalent of Raising Cain’ and I haven't known exactly what to recommend. Now I do."-Michael Thompson, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling co-author of Raising Cain
"Untangled is so chock full of practical wisdom that I read it straight through twice, then recommended it to every single person I know who has a daughter. This book will, no question, make you a better—and a saner—parent of your adolescent girl."-Peggy Orenstein, New York Times best-selling author of Girls & Sex
- February 5, 2018 Joseph & Florence Mandel Jewish Day School, Beachwood, OH
- February 10, 2018 Magnificat High School, Rocky River, OH
- February 14, 2018 Mount Alvernia High School, Newton, MA
- March 14, 2018 The Hewitt School, New York, NY
- March 15/16, 2018 Girls Preparatory School, Chattanooga, TN
- April 11, 2018 Greenwich Country Day School, Greenwich, CT
- April 12/13, 2018 Charlotte Latin School, Charlotte, NC
- April 23, 2018 Westlake City School, Westlake, OH
- April 30, 2018 Francis W. Parker School, Chicago, IL
- May 1, 2018 Glenbard School, Glen Ellyn, IL
- May 24, 2018 Keynote, South African Girls’ Schools Association, Durban, South Africa