Dr. Lisa Damour is a psychologist, best-selling author, monthly New York Times online columnist, and regular contributor to CBS News.
She blends years of experience with the latest research developments to provide sound, practical guidance to children and adolescents as well as their parents, teachers, and advocates.
Lisa's instant New York Times best seller is a sane, informed, and engaging guide for parents of teenage girls.
"An essential guide to understanding and supporting girls throughout their development. It's obvious that Dr. Damour ‘gets’ girls and the best way for any adult to help them navigate the common yet difficult challenges so many girls face."-Rosalind Wiseman, New York Times best-selling author of Queen Bees & Wannabes
"There are books about teenagers that are smart. And there are books about teenagers that are practical. Lisa Damour thankfully provides us with one that is both. If you have a daughter (or were a daughter!) Untangled is mandatory reading."-Madeline Levine, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling author of The Price of Privilege
"Untangled is a page-turner. From the moment I read the last page I’ve been recommending it to my clients (including those with sons!) and colleagues, and using it as a refreshing guide in my own work with teenagers and their parents. Untangled is a gem."-Wendy Mogel, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling author of The Blessing of a Skinned Knee
"An arsenal of strategies to respond to your daughter's ever changing brain, feelings and choices, Untangled will become your dog-eared travel guide to the mysterious world of teenage girls."-Rachel Simmons, New York Times best-selling author of Odd Girl Out
"Lisa Damour's Untangled is the best description of the female adolescent journey that I have ever read. Empathic and wise, every page is filled with a deep understanding of girls and their parents. For years people have been asking me for the ‘girl equivalent of Raising Cain’ and I haven't known exactly what to recommend. Now I do."-Michael Thompson, Ph.D., New York Times best-selling co-author of Raising Cain
"Untangled is so chock full of practical wisdom that I read it straight through twice, then recommended it to every single person I know who has a daughter. This book will, no question, make you a better—and a saner—parent of your adolescent girl."-Peggy Orenstein, New York Times best-selling author of Girls & Sex
- February 10, 2017 The Brearley School, New York, NY
- February 15, 2017 Springside Chestnut Hill Academy, Philadelphia, PA
- February 22, 2017 The Bishop Strachan School, Toronto, ON Read More
- February 23, 2017 Havergal College, Toronto, ON
- March 8, 2017 Kent Place School, Summit, NJ
- March 16, 2017 St. Catherine’s School, Richmond, VA
- April 3, 2017 Gesu Catholic School, University Heights, OH
- April 5/6, 2017 Sacred Heart Schools, Chicago, IL
- April 19/20, 2017 Hanger Hall School for Girls, Asheville, NC
- April 27, 2017 Ursuline Academy, Cincinnati, OH
- April 29, 2017 Girl League Symposium, Tri-C Metro Campus, Cleveland, OH
- May 3, 2017, Cranbrook Schools, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- May 17/18, 2017, The Ellis School, Pittsburgh, PA Register
- June 1, 2017, Lakewood Public Library, Lakewood, OH